The Release Manager owns the Release Management process and has the responsibility and authority for the overall process results. The Release Manager is responsible for the overall quality of the process. He/she is the main coordinator within this process and is the focal point regarding releases for both the customer and the IT organization. Therefore, all managers in the IT organization must support him in his/her role.
- Manage the software release process for a variety of custom projects
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Develop early release definition and scope negotiation
- Prepare test plans and procedures
- Establish release schedules, tracking, and control procedures
- Maintain release notes and installation documentation
- Support and provide management with metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary
- Executes change fall-back procedures, in case of a failure during one of the implementation procedures
- Notifies Operations and/or Service Desk with the status of the change
- Performs Release Management assessment and ensures implementation of the Release Management strategy
- 6+ years of experience supporting software development as a release manager, configuration manager, software release engineer, or similar role
- Good project management skills
- Expert in app submission, review, and release methodologies, including alphas and betas.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Experience managing a distributed team of 4-10 people coordinating activities across multiple teams and locations.
- Proficient in use of issue tracking tools and platform-specific app stores.
- Excellent JIRA knowledge including dashboards and custom filters. JIRA admin experience beneficial.
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Successful development and implementation of release plans within a software development organization
- Knowledge of software architecture and deployment best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills using a methodical approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Hands-on experience deploying enterprise web applications
- Experience with work management tracking systems such as Github, Bitbuket & Microsofts Team Foundation Server
Salary: INR 6,00,000 - 9,00,000 P.A.
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Integra Software Services Pvt. Ltd.
Founded in 1994, Integra Software Services Private Limited is among the largest e-publishing houses across the globe servicing prestigious customers who are among the biggest names in the publishing arena in US & Europe. With team strength of 600 professionals, we have been growing rapidly and aggressively setting benchmarks in the industry & spread over 4 locations, with 2 offices in India & 2 abroad & all set to grow soon to a team of 1000. We are an ISO 9001 certified company & winner of prestigious export awards such as MAIT Award for Business Excellence.
View Contact Details+
Recruiter Name:Mr. Lourdu
Contact Company:Integra Software Services Pvt. Ltd.